Projects Funded in 2018:
- Brown County Parks Department – $220,000 to support stream restoration design and implementation in Duck Creek at Pamperin Park;
- McDonald Lumber Companies – $54,802 to support design and feasibility for fisheries habitat enhancement and public fishing access at South Bay Marina;
- Ducks Unlimited – $500,000 to support approximately 160 acres of priority land protection adjacent to the Uilhein Waterfowl Production Area in Winnebago County;
- Ducks Unlimited – $521,000 to support 500 acres of priority wetland restorations at Oconto March, Barkhausen, Bergstrom Waterfowl Complex, Bohn Farms, and Tews acres;
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources – $98,000 to support pike spawning and waterfowl habitat restoration in the Spring Brook Creek watershed in Winnebago County;
- Menominee Indian Tribe of Wisconsin – $112,000 to support design and feasibility for the Keshena Falls restoration project;
- Outagamie County Land and Water Conservation Department – $228,000 to support riparian habitat enhancement and stream restoration projects to improve fisheries habitat and water quality in Plum Creek, Kankapot Creek, Apple Creek, and Upper Duck Creek watersheds in the Lower Fox Basin;
- Oneida Nation – $10,000 to support streambank restoration and maintenance that will improve native fish habitat along Trout Creek in Brown County;
- Oneida Nation – $20,000 for the installation of an ADA launch at Oneida Lake for increased fishing opportunities for community members;
- Winnebago County Land and Water Conservation Department – Up to $200,000 for the construction of two off-shore break-walls on Lake Winneconne to protect emergent and nearshore wetlands that provide fish spawning and rearing habitat and support migratory waterfowl stopover habitat;
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources – $73,000 for the installation of two new ADA fishing piers in Asylum Bay on Lake Winnebago in Winnebago county to improve public fishing access;
- Northeast Wisconsin Land Trust – Up to $392,000 for the protection of 74 acres of migratory bird habitat and riparian corridors along Wequiock Creek to become part of the Point au Sable Nature Preserve;
- Marinette County Land and Water Conservation Department – $35,000 for the creation of sturgeon spawning habitat in the Peshtigo River;
- City of Green Bay Parks Department – $200,000 to support the construction and installation of the Bay Beach Fishing Pier to create additional public fishing opportunities in Lower Green Bay.
See the wide variety of restoration projects implemented by the Trustees that were completed from 2002 through 2012.
Restoration Progress Report (44.5 MB pdf)
See new restoration projects implemented by the Trustees that were completed between 2012 and 2016.
South-Branch-of-the-Suamico-River-Stream-Restoration (995 KB pdf)
Door County Land Preservation (794 KB pdf)
Upper Fox River Headwaters Preservation (659 KB pdf)
Upper Fox River Habitat Preservation (472 KB pdf)
St. Martin’s Island (850 KB pdf)
Examples of Projects